wc3edit.net

United Warcraft 3 map hacking!
It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 9:22 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: July 12th, 2009, 2:56 am 
Newcomer

There are many people are asking for a collide map work on 1.23.But the problem is not about the map,but the Warcraft.So,how to make a collided map work on 1.23?Superkhung,a famous hacker said that Warcraft 1.23 use a double-checksum for the map,first they use a CRC checksum then they use a Sha1.In older patch (1.22 and below),the collision work on the CRC so
now the problem is on the Sha1.So we just have to make Warcraft 1.23,by someway,disable the Sha1 checksum or make it caculate the wrong checksum so the collided map have the same caculated checksum with the original map.There is many way to do it:
1.We can make the collided map have the same checksum by edit it,but the chance to have same checksum it very very low (about 0.00001%).If you lucky,you can have it the same,but when another version of the map come out,you will have to do it again,and you cant have luck twice >.<.
2.Bypass game client.I dont know much about this so if you want to do it,ask superkhung how.He have done it.
3.This is what I am trying to do.When you host a map or join a map,your map's caculated checksum will be write in some where.So to make Warcraft accept you to use the collide,you have to change it.The problem is WHERE is it to edit.
That all I have got.So what do ya think?

Sorry for bad English and if I said anything wrong.Please fix it for me.

PostPosted: July 12th, 2009, 2:49 pm 
Newcomer

not only superkhung, sean from gnz also knew how to solve this it's just that he's busy w/ other things.

PostPosted: July 13th, 2009, 1:03 am 
The Flying Cow!

Why bother? No point in colliding anymore. When blizzard rolls out the next patch, game caches will no longer be used..

PostPosted: July 13th, 2009, 9:33 am 
Newcomer

I dont have any idea what ur talking about.Today i've opened the storm.dll,and found a hash output,stpl.h.I was thought It is the file contain the caculated checksum,but i was wrong.Even when replace the storm.dll of 1.23 with the one in 1.21b,the game still work normally and i still to have to dl the map.Anyone good at programing and hacking please help me about this?

PostPosted: July 15th, 2009, 9:52 pm 
Newcomer

Hello, I'm X-N2O, I'm new to this forum.
There is a way to join the original map with your own, modified map.
Basically your points 2 and 3 are the same. Bypassing the client means reverse engineering it and patching the place where the hashes are compared, so that both the hashes, CRC32 and SHA-1 of the original and the modified map result the same. This would not even require collision, but it is hard. It is harder than reverse engineering a simple application. There are very few API's included in the game. Most of them reside in the storm library, while the others are self-implemented by blizzard, and it would require massive analysis of the game. If you wanna give it a try I would suggest dynamic analysis with OllyDBG. And also, when you run the binary, either patch war3 to launch in a window always, or pass -window to the arguments. The second way is better. You would not be able to analyze it in full-screen mode (at least it's not practical). I tried setting a breakpoint at several cryptographic API's provided by Microsoft, but hadn't had any luck so far. You'll need to be good at RCE and you need to know what you're doing if you want to give it a try. I will however try to crack it again.

PostPosted: July 16th, 2009, 12:11 pm 
Newcomer

Good luck man.

PostPosted: July 16th, 2009, 2:45 pm 
Forum Staff

The problem is not with Warcraft, or even the maps.

It's with you.

My quote from SKillER

Spoiler:
Chat wrote:
(19:12:41) SKillER: newfags cant triforce
(19:20:30) SKillER: ▲
▲ ▲
(19:20:35) SKillER: aww
(19:20:37) FatherSpace: FAIL
(19:20:43) Kryptonyte: Wow stop failing.
(19:20:47) SKillER: ▲
▲ ▲
(19:21:41) Kryptonyte: .

. ▲
▲ ▲
(19:22:20) Kryptonyte: I guess you were right, newfags can't triforce.
(19:22:29) SKillER: . . ▲
▲ ▲
(19:23:04) SKillER: OMFG
(19:23:06) SKillER: ... THIS CHAT
(19:23:06) SKillER: !
(19:23:36) SKillER: ▲
▲ ▲
(19:23:46) SKillER: ▲
.▲ ▲

Apparently, SKillER is a newfag.