Issues

General talk about editing, cheating, and deprotecting maps.

Moderator: Cheaters

AionTeh
Newcomer

Issues

Post by AionTeh »

Hey all,

I've been trying to edit a map for quite a while now and this has become personal by now =P
I can't seem to find my way through so I went looking around the internet and came here.

The map I've been trying to edit was created by the author in 2004 or 2005, he stopped improving it.
So the thing is, hero revival isn't working and I can't seem to get it to work.
GUI editing is useless, there are no triggers to find anywhere inside the world editor and when you do try to edit units inside the world editor, you can't save it because it'll prompt you to auto-assign starting locations, which screws up the whole map. So, JASS it is I thought.
I've been trying to use JASSCraft to edit this properly, but I can't seem to make it work. I was hoping I could fix it myself, but this is out of my reach.

How can I make this hero revival work? And if it's possible, how can I save this map without screwing it over?

This isn't about the map anymore, this is personal :mad: =P

I'll add both the map and the .j I hope it can be worked out by someone. I'll keep trying to fix it myself too, but if there's any help. Much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Aion

Resident Evil Nightmare~2.5.w3x

war3map.j
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Risen
Forum Staff

Re: Issues

Post by Risen »

If there weren't any triggers, that means it's been heavylocked.

Try deprotecting it.
Wanna learn to hack maps? --> Guide
AionTeh
Newcomer

Post by AionTeh »

I see the problem of this map.
Over 5000 Jass errors -.-
Risen
Forum Staff

Post by Risen »

Nah, that means the deprotecting part went wrong.

Try using the 'deobfusciation' function in RMPQEx, then insert that new script into the map, then deprotect.
Wanna learn to hack maps? --> Guide