wc3edit.net

United Warcraft 3 map hacking!
It is currently July 16th, 2018, 10:31 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: March 6th, 2018, 2:17 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: February 14th, 2018, 5:35 am
Posts: 410
Title: Just Another Mod
Hello everyone!

It's nuzamacuxe here and I'm making this because there are some topics with "old information" that don't have images to make it easier for the user to understand. In this guide, you'll find gifs & images to help you out and get you updated, but before we get started you have to know about some essential notes, so if you are a new user, please don't skip this part.

Image

There are some notes I should tell you about:
    1. Do not ask to administrators/forum staffers/super moderators/moderators to cheat any map for you through PM, they won't do this and you'll probably be warned.
    !!! 1.1 Especially Vegas, don't PM him. Just don't, or: Image

    2. If you still want to make a request even after this tutorial, please post here instead: Map Requests (Click here)

    3. Be specific in your request, we don't do miracles.

The complete rules about map request are here: Map Requesting Rules

Image

Remember when I said "old information"? I'll explain it in this FAQ.

Q: Do I need to deprotect a map to cheat?

A: Nope. Deprotection is only necessary for make it be openable in World Editor, that's it. If you try to use X-Deprotector and other tools to cheat a map you'll have a big problem like units, models, and textures missing, and so on. As said by an administrator:
"Deprotection was never really mastered, and the programs that do it are often terribly flawed and fail to reverse several protections/optimizations. Some stuff often has to be manually restored."

Q: Do I need to unhex a map to remove the read-only flag?

A: Most maps you can open with new versions of Ladiks MPQ Editor or a different older version. Not all maps can be opened though. There's few you may have to unhex, unfortunately.

Q: Do I have to be a pro at JASS to make changes?

A: Nope!

Image

Now let's get started! We need some tools to do this:

The cheatpack that we will use in this guide is JJ's Cheatpack, you can find it here: Click!
Additional note: If you want other cheatpack take a look here: deprotection-cheating-f64/cheat-packs-available-on-our-site-t5134.html

    1. Open up Ladik's MPQ Editor and select the map you want to cheat.
    Spoiler:
    Image


    2. Select the listfile and click on OK.
    Spoiler:
    Image


    3. Look for a file called war3map.j and drop it into your folder.
    Spoiler:
    Image


    4. Now open up JassCraft and select it.
    Spoiler:
    Image


    5. Remember you downloaded three files from JJ's Cheatpack? Find and open globals.txt, press CTRL + A (select all) & CTRL + C (copy), and then paste it below all the globals at the start of your .j file.
    Spoiler:
    Image


    6. Copy the text from endglobals.txt and paste it before the first function that ends with "takes nothing, returns nothing".
    Additional note: There are some maps that bug depending on exactly where you put it, so if it bugs I'd recommend you to put in the end of endglobals (check step 7 and put above that function).
    Spoiler:
    ImageImage


    7. Press CTRL + F and search for "function main". Copy and paste the code from function main.txt.
    Spoiler:
    ImageImage

    !!! NOTE: 7.1 If your map has a local(s) in function main, put your copied text directly below them.
    Spoiler:
    ImageImage


    8. Save all the edits made and insert it back into the map with Ladik's MPQ Editor.
    Spoiler:
    Image


    9. Now it's time to test it, open up Warcraft 3 and start a game with the map. NOTE: To check if you did everything right, the map will show all the player slots. If the map does not has player slots, or does not has the correct player slots, then something was probably done incorrectly, which you can confirm by trying to start the game. If the game won't start, try cheating a fresh/new copy of the map again!
    Spoiler:
    Image


    10. Type your activator and tadahh! You got it!
    Spoiler:
    Image


    Mini FAQ


    Q: Where do I change the activator?

    A: Here.
    Spoiler:
    Image


    Q: Where do I change the message that pops up when I activate?

    A: Here.
    Spoiler:
    Image


    Q: My map doesn't let me change anything.

    A: Check if there's a read-only flag. If so, use the MPQ for KR, CN & Normal Read-Only to edit it. If it's Russian, use the MPQ for RU instead. They all are in useful tools.rar (see in attachment)
    Image

Image

NOTE: Custom commands are unique in their nature so this guide can't cover all aspect of it. You must know at least a bit how a function/trigger works.

I'll use the map which I cheated before. What I'll do is a command that changes the rank exp.
Image

    1. Use this model to make commands like that.
    Spoiler:
    Code:
    function ccomand takes string ccomands returns nothing
    local integer playerid=1+GetPlayerId(GetTriggerPlayer())
    local integer value=S2I(SubString(ccomands,9,StringLength(ccomands)))
    set ccomands=SubString(ccomands,0,9)
    if ccomands=="(command name here)" then
    set (variable here)[playerid]=value
    endif
    set ccomands=""
    endfunction

    Code:
    call ccomand(s2s)


    2. I have to know what's the variable name for RankExp. So I have to look for an existing command that displays the value that I want to change.
    Spoiler:
    Image


    3. Found it.
    Spoiler:
    Image


    4. Now I'll put it here:
    Spoiler:
    Image


    5. And the call command here:
    Spoiler:
    Image


    6. Save the changes and test it.

    Spoiler:
    Image


Additional note: Wanna know more about custom commands? Check it out: Click!

Image


Open up Ladik's MPQ Editor and drops war3map.w3i & war3mapunits.doo into the map.
Additional note: Sometimes you don't need to use the war3mapunits.doo, only war3map.w3i is fine. So do a test before and open the map in World Editor.
Spoiler:
Image


Image

NOTE: Single player protection depends from map to map so this guide can't cover all aspects of it.
Additional note: The most common single player protection will be used as an example.

    1. Look for singleplayer in war3map.j.
    Spoiler:
    Image


    2. Delete everything but the function.
    Spoiler:
    Image


    3. Save and reinsert war3map.j into the map.
    Spoiler:
    Image


Additional note: Wanna know more about it? Click here!

Image


We will need:

    1. Open up RMPQEx, select your map, change the listfile and click on Open.
    Spoiler:
    Image


    2. Click on dump object data, set your warcraft 3 path, tick item data option and then click on OK.
    Spoiler:
    Image


    3. There it is!
    Spoiler:
    Image


Cleaning item list


    1. Open up [Fukki]RawClean, select your itemlist, choose where you'll save the cleaned one, click on Fix Now.
    Spoiler:
    Image


    2. Done.
    Spoiler:
    Image


Well, that's it. I hope this guide helps you guys.


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Last edited by nuzamacuxe on March 6th, 2018, 8:10 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: March 6th, 2018, 3:58 am 
Offline
Tyrannical Drama Queen
User avatar

Joined: November 19th, 2007, 5:05 am
Posts: 4973
Title: Αυτοκράτωρ
Thanks!

A few notes:

1. Can't a "read-only flag" be cleared in Windows by simply right clicking on the file and going to properties and disabling the read-only flag at the bottom?
2. Flushing/recompressing in the MPQ editor to make it a similar size to the original map is probably something that should be mentioned.
3. It should also be mentioned that you should always delete the (attributes) file at the base of the archive or the map won't work (even though most maps don't have it to save space).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: March 6th, 2018, 4:03 am 
Offline
Junior Member

Joined: July 5th, 2017, 7:16 pm
Posts: 33
I've never heard of the "read-only" flag being disabled by doing it through Windows. I should give that a try to see if it really works.

Edit: No, even if you untick "read-only" on the MPQ editor through windows, if the map is protected by vexorian or some other protection (hex protection). It'll show up as "read-only". You must unhex the map or use a different older MPQ editor. However, there are still maps un-openable by the recent version of ladiks MPQ editor.


Last edited by Farg on March 6th, 2018, 4:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: March 6th, 2018, 4:06 am 
Offline
Tyrannical Drama Queen
User avatar

Joined: November 19th, 2007, 5:05 am
Posts: 4973
Title: Αυτοκράτωρ
Yes, I might be misunderstanding what the "read only" flag actually is. If it's the Windows flag, then it should absolutely be able to be cleared by Windows. If, however, it's an actual protection that's forcing MPQ Editor into a compatibility mode or something, then probably not.

(e): Understood, Farg.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: March 6th, 2018, 5:52 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: February 14th, 2018, 5:35 am
Posts: 410
Title: Just Another Mod
Bartimaeus wrote:
Thanks!

A few notes:

1. Can't a "read-only flag" be cleared in Windows by simply right clicking on the file and going to properties and disabling the read-only flag at the bottom?
2. Flushing/recompressing in the MPQ editor to make it a similar size to the original map is probably something that should be mentioned.
3. It should also be mentioned that you should always delete the (attributes) file at the base of the archive or the map won't work (even though most maps don't have it to save space).


Done! Thanks for pinning my thread and for the fixes & suggestions.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: March 6th, 2018, 11:03 am 
Offline
Super Moderator
User avatar

Joined: March 23rd, 2016, 8:06 pm
Posts: 1822
Title: Did nothing wrong.
Just few things:
Deleting attributes is not good. (Can break map)

Always put the endglobals part before the first function that end with "takes nothing, returns nothing". (Or at one line before function main).

Flushing some maps with MPQ Master can break map too.

U dont even need to deprotect a map to edit it, u just need to extract all "war3map.something" and import it to World Edit, then import back to your MPQ. (You can also edit all they with Notepad++).

That generic custom command looks so similar to mine :D.

Please dont use auto cheatpack programs, they're all fucked up.

For SP, it can be a lot of natives like "CUSTOMDEFEATBJ", "CUSTOMVICTORYBJ" "Restart", a math stuff for player count or even a cache check thing for singleplayer.

Also, the map u Enabled SP is Zombie666 and it is a bit diferent, they have about 10 functions of anti singleplayer and save breaking functions (Bit painful to enable SP on it).

Nice to know your effort to bring to us a nice guide for begginers.

Also, eae men kkj.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: March 6th, 2018, 1:42 pm 
Offline
Tyrannical Drama Queen
User avatar

Joined: November 19th, 2007, 5:05 am
Posts: 4973
Title: Αυτοκράτωρ
Deleting attributes can break a map? But doesn't keeping it also break the map? Admittedly, I haven't cheated a map in many months, but all the old guides (and my memory) say to always delete the attributes file. Unless MPQ Editor automatically updates it or something.

MPQ Master? That's a name I've not heard in a long time.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: March 6th, 2018, 3:19 pm 
Offline
Super Moderator
User avatar

Joined: March 23rd, 2016, 8:06 pm
Posts: 1822
Title: Did nothing wrong.
Bartimaeus wrote:
Deleting attributes can break a map? But doesn't keeping it also break the map? Admittedly, I haven't cheated a map in many months, but all the old guides (and my memory) say to always delete the attributes file. Unless MPQ Editor automatically updates it or something.

MPQ Master? That's a name I've not heard in a long time.

Most of actual maps can crash after deleting attributes.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: March 6th, 2018, 5:56 pm 
Offline
V.I.P.
User avatar

Joined: August 5th, 2017, 2:26 am
Posts: 117
Location: Discord:
Title: null#2675
A well written guide, very informative directed to beginners. Some misleading information, but very minimal and hardly noticeable.

Regarding attributes file, yes, deleting that will destroy most maps, not every though.

Overall, thanks for the guide Varg and nuzamacuxe. Hopefully this will minimize the amount of requests.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: March 6th, 2018, 6:48 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: February 14th, 2018, 5:35 am
Posts: 410
Title: Just Another Mod
devoltz wrote:
Just few things:
Deleting attributes is not good. (Can break map)

Always put the endglobals part before the first function that end with "takes nothing, returns nothing". (Or at one line before function main).

Flushing some maps with MPQ Master can break map too.

U dont even need to deprotect a map to edit it, u just need to extract all "war3map.something" and import it to World Edit, then import back to your MPQ. (You can also edit all they with Notepad++).

That generic custom command looks so similar to mine :D.

Please dont use auto cheatpack programs, they're all fucked up.

For SP, it can be a lot of natives like "CUSTOMDEFEATBJ", "CUSTOMVICTORYBJ" "Restart", a math stuff for player count or even a cache check thing for singleplayer.

Also, the map u Enabled SP is Zombie666 and it is a bit diferent, they have about 10 functions of anti singleplayer and save breaking functions (Bit painful to enable SP on it).

Nice to know your effort to bring to us a nice guide for begginers.

Also, eae men kkj.


Done, thanks for the suggestions. Btw, não sabia hein... legal saber. :)

null wrote:
A well written guide, very informative directed to beginners. Some misleading information, but very minimal and hardly noticeable.

Regarding attributes file, yes, deleting that will destroy most maps, not every though.

Overall, thanks for the guide Varg and nuzamacuxe. Hopefully this will minimize the amount of requests.


Hey null, thank you! Could you say what are those misleading informations? So I can improve the guide. Once again, thanks!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

phpBB SEO


Privacy Policy Statement
Impressum (German)