wc3edit.net

United Warcraft 3 map hacking!
It is currently April 19th, 2024, 10:23 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2007, 8:23 pm 
Forum Staff

Title: JASS Programmer
People don't care if a map is hacked or not. A map isn't played because it's been hacked but rather because the quality of the game and content is pleasing. I enjoy a legit game as much as the next guy but rigging a map and having a good time in an inhouse with it is just as gold.

Pure "cheating" aside, there's more things that can be done with the .j script than just inserting cheats. In my rigged version of Island Defense 2.7.7b, I fixed the gold mine and other triggers that were causing mass lag. This is ironically how I got on the editing team. It's not all bad you know; stop your ignorant views until you've been a part of it.

I also make maps too. I can understand your complaint and after being on the Island Defense team for a while I was deleting cheated Island Defense content and being a total hypocrite. Then I reconsidered and decided that it was irrelevent and people just want to have a good time. It should be a compliment that your map has been cheated; it means it has appeal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 3rd, 2007, 10:48 pm 
Forum Addict

Hm... it makes sense... If you didn't like a map, why would you want it to be cheated, is what Aero is basically saying lol. (Right???)

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 1st, 2007, 2:39 pm 

Xantan wrote:
This is what motivates me to continue. Thank you.
lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 1st, 2007, 3:19 pm 
Forum Spammer

Title: Strange old man
Kala-cha wrote:
Hm... it makes sense... If you didn't like a map, why would you want it to be cheated, is what Aero is basically saying lol. (Right???)

Yeah i think he should take it as a compliment and thank us :D. just kidding but i do think he shouldnt be so condeming as he obviously doesnt know why we do it

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 1st, 2007, 11:22 pm 
Yup, why would people want to cheat a crappy map..? They don't, please correct me if I'm wrong. Because I don't think people want to cheat a map they're never going to play :/ They only cheat maps that deserve to be cheated, (good maps btw).

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 3rd, 2007, 3:29 am 
Newcomer

I think you shouldn't care about any hacked version... if thats how people want to play the game let them play it that way. If they want to beat it fast etc let em do that if they want to take there time and enjoy it fine let em do it. At least there playing the map right?

Post subject: Wow...
PostPosted: June 9th, 2007, 4:41 pm 
Newcomer

I agree, its just how they want to play the game, it might not be his/her style so they just edit it a bit so that they could enjoy it. You should seriously not care so much because, different people wanna play maps different ways... Just get over it, and try to do it yourself. That's all I really have to say, but Aero is right, there isn't just cheating when u edit the jass, theres other stuff too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 9th, 2007, 6:53 pm 
Please sticky this topic and change the title of this topic for future references of map-makers-that-have-cheated-maps-here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 10th, 2007, 4:10 am 

Title: Uber 1337
Illidan, didn't you say on the NotD forums that you were designing some uber unhackable extremely awsome save/load system which couldn't be cheated or hacked? Where is it? I guess that was just BS and hot air?