wc3edit.net

United Warcraft 3 map hacking!
It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:17 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: August 24th, 2022, 10:39 pm 
Newcomer

Hello, I've recently deprotected a map to edit (the original dev abandoned the project) and I have been fairly successful in editing the war3map.j file to create triggers, quests, and the like. However, as a part of this map there are a bunch of destructables like crates that are created inside the war3map.j file that also are created in the war3map.doo file. As a result, there are 2 copies of these doodads/destructables all through the map (as an example, there's a special barrel that you break and then beneath it appears the "real" barrel made inside the war3map.j file and that one when broken drops the proper item, but it would be annoying for players to destroy 2 barrels, 2 doors, etc). I can't find a way to edit the war3map.doo file (i tried deleting everything inside of it but it also contains the trees and other things. Deleting the contents of it DID eliminate the duplicates but i can't just delete all the trees as it would be extremely difficult to add the trees directly using the jass file).
Can anyone point me to a tool or a way to edit the war3map.doo file effectively? I have used HxN to edit some of the other files but this one i can't tell what's what do delete/not delete