wc3edit.net

United Warcraft 3 map hacking!
It is currently March 19th, 2024, 9:56 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: April 21st, 2020, 5:23 pm 
Super Moderator

Do you have a modeler and texturer on your team?

Getting those into WC3 will require some work. They need to be BLPs and MDXs. The backgrounds are easy but the terrain tiles are not. Also the map may be at the max terrain tiles allowed.

PostPosted: April 22nd, 2020, 10:35 am 
Newcomer

mmm i have never try map editing before but what is BLPs and MDXs. is it coding? or just cropping down and working with texture? think i can learn that in an hour?

also you might be right that the map is almost maxed. im thinking of solutions, would it be better to take the map:
>delete almost everything and start with scratch?
>start from fresh clean slate?
like is there a way to keep the mechanics by deleting the existing worlds?

and sadly i dont have a team :( only a discord filled with mushroom players

i couldnt find information about ''BLPs''
and MDXs is legit chinese to me.

:(

PostPosted: April 22nd, 2020, 1:11 pm 
Super Moderator

It's mostly beyond my knowledge. It's art/design, not coding.

Check out the imports in Mushroom Story and see what the terrain tiles ones are. They overwrote default tiles so the paths will be pretty long. I think that WC3 Image Extractor can go from BLP to JPG and the other way around. But it needs to be laid out in a certain way. I've done some VERY basic skin editing but only editing existing WC3 skins, not going from a sprite to a skin.

Model editing is another thing entirely and I could not do it. You'd only need to make a new model if you want a new enemy or something like that. There's a model editor tool and a tool called MdlVision that can make models, but they're tough to make. And you need a skin and to create animations for it.

For the tileset problem: It's possible to create a new map and then import most of the triggers/models/etc. But only if you really know what you're doing, and have investigated the triggers a bit and know what they do. The first step here would be to analyze the war3map.j (scripts) file and break it into triggers.

PostPosted: April 22nd, 2020, 7:42 pm 
Newcomer

im sure i would be good enough for the art/design part if it dosent contain coding
and for checking the imports, when i open the map its all dirt instead of the actual skin (i think its because of the godamn reforged)

and for the modeling thing do you think you can give me some link to download those that dosent require coding.

again i have 0 knowledge into map editing or map making so i have no idea how to find stuff when i open the map i am completly lost, that is why i wanted to pay someone since i suck xD

i have couple of people in my group who are ready to pay a little

is 200-300$ CAD a good invalid ?

PostPosted: April 23rd, 2020, 11:30 pm 
Super Moderator

Eh, I make about that in 1 work day of coding, not worth it for the money, but I would help out with making some basic features out of interest. Got to find someone to do the models and skins, though, and really know what you're asking for. Making models and skins isn't easy but you can find the basic tool kit on The Hive Workshop.

Check out:
WarCraft III Image Extractor (extract existing resources as blps)
ModelVision/MdlVis (model viewer and animation editor)
Magos Model Editor (full model designer)
GIMP or Photoshop (draw the resources)
IrfanView (can convert some formats)

PostPosted: April 26th, 2020, 3:43 am 
Newcomer

So if i draw a new level on gimp/paint/photoshop would you be able to upload/implant it into the map?

PostPosted: April 29th, 2020, 10:14 pm 
Super Moderator

It needs to be in specific BLP format. And you'd draw the tiles themselves and then put the tiles together in WC3 World Editor. I'm not exactly sure how you can create a new terrain tile from an image; all I know is that at a basic level, you need to replace an existing terrain tile and draw over specific areas of the image. There are probably tutorials out there somewhere, but very few people make custom terrain tiles. Maybe extract one of the terrain tiles that exists in the game and see if you can open and look at it.

PostPosted: April 30th, 2020, 1:16 am 
Newcomer

ok ok blp umm ill check into that and also, i thought i had the unprotect version but its not complettly unprotect, my friend cant open the script and such. can you unprotect it ?
or should i make a post to unprotect it?

PostPosted: April 30th, 2020, 5:17 am 
Super Moderator

You won't be able to modify the script on an unprotected version: tutorials-cheatpacks-f80/you-don-t-need-deprotection-small-tutorial-t37295.html
You can modify the terrain on the unprotected version and modify the war3map.j directly for the scripts.

PostPosted: May 2nd, 2020, 9:34 am 
Newcomer

ok ill tell that to my guy but our problem right now is that when we opened the map, iit instantly broke it, like it wont start when we launch it online anymore. we can do stuff in the map editor but cant load and play the game anymore the second we opened it i think