wc3edit.net

United Warcraft 3 map hacking!
It is currently March 19th, 2024, 7:16 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: October 21st, 2013, 7:17 pm 

So to explain this briefly, I have gotten my hands on FOCS 9.2A05 files, which I use for my map (basically another type of FOCS, which doesn't go too far from it) but lately I wanted to try to recover at least the ability data for map, so I could change them in all sort of ways I might need, as you know FOCS has AbilityData.slk for first 3 levels and War3map.w3a for 2 rest which makes 3+2 = 5. Some of the spells have further levels but they are stored in War3map.w3a.

So the problem is, that I used two different programs for recovery, but neither of them gave me what I expected.

1st program used: Silk object Optimizer.

Result:

The war3map.w3a contains 90% of the data, the map loads but after 10-15 seconds FPS drops to 0.

2nd program: Silk Object Console.

Result:

Well it creates a file, but it doesn't make any sence ;D

So if anyone know how to fix it, I would really appriciate it!

Sometimes the silk object console gives a 50% workable war3map.w3a, but in most cases it just crashes the warcraft 3

PostPosted: October 26th, 2013, 1:26 pm 

Bump

PostPosted: October 26th, 2013, 3:47 pm 
Forum Spammer

i have this problem too, after i used Silk object Optimizer, i edited some ability data and reimport the war3map.w3a into the map but since the map used a spell book system, some of the spells missing in the spell book, which is quite annoying after i took long time to edit those

PostPosted: October 28th, 2013, 11:00 am 

Bump again, is this forum even alive? >.>

PostPosted: October 28th, 2013, 4:49 pm 
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Because no staff answer doesn't necessarily mean we're not here. I, for example, just don't know anything about the given problem, therefore I do not reply.

PostPosted: October 29th, 2013, 1:02 pm 

Right, so the file itself is war3map.w3a is a file that contains the spells, the slk + txt files are created by widgetizer, and the only programs that do DEWidgetizing are Silk object Optimizer and Silk Object Console, but both of them are not able to fully restore the data, if there was a way to change the war3map.w3a itself with a program, it would be nice, but Warcraft Editor doesn't recognize it as it doesn't have the 1st level spell description up to 3rd. So War3map.w3a contains 4-5 level of spells, but there is no program to open the file itself, in a Notepad++ it's readable, but you don't see any kind of information about the damage, or range... So that's why I need to somehow restore the whole War3map.w3a that will have from 1 level up to 5. So I could change the spells in the way I need.

PostPosted: October 29th, 2013, 7:47 pm 
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Question: is JassNewGen able to read the .slk data?

P.S. It also might help if you posted the map.

PostPosted: October 30th, 2013, 5:43 am 

If you meant the JassNewGen pack, then it has the modified WE, though I'm a resident on the xgm site, so I have a much stronger WE. Slk file is a table containing information, it can be easily opened by war3slkeditor and any notepad wordpad notepad++ and others. I posted a map with untouched SLK files, my edited ones aren't properly working so I'll have to retranslate it again, which is fine, as long as it works. The map is openable in WE too.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: October 30th, 2013, 6:24 am 
Tyrannical Drama Queen

I...might've fixed it? It seems like abilities have all their levels, but I don't really know what I'm doing, (never liked deprotecting), so take a look.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: October 30th, 2013, 6:32 am 

Checking it right now, can you tell me which program you used for it? Silk object console or Silk object optimizer?

Right, you used Silk Object Optimizer. The reason why I know it is simple, if you look at the spells you will see that the 5th level of the spells is missing some data in it as well as some buff data. And the problem is, that even though it does load up in warcraft 3, but after some time you spend playing on it, the FPS will gradually drop and when it becomes 0, Warcraft 3 will simply freeze and the only way to avoid it, to close it before freezing)

Last edited by Unryze on October 30th, 2013, 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.