wc3edit.net

United Warcraft 3 map hacking!
It is currently March 29th, 2024, 11:50 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: June 15th, 2007, 6:47 pm 

Alright next question! (seriously gonna have to write a lil guide with all this knowledge when i'm done *laugh* Is there any way from the gui to make a creep drop an item? I'm trying to get specific items into the protected map i'm messing with, either off creep drops or just placed, learning all this one step at a time XD thanks a bunch!

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 15th, 2007, 8:12 pm 
V.I.P.

Wrong section, I'll move this to the right section...

"I Wumbo. YOU Wumbo. He she me.. WUMbo. Wumbo; WumboING; WumBOLogy; the study of WUMBO. It's first grade, Spongebob!"
"I'm sorry I doubted your great wisdom Patrick!"

Catch me on Azeroth (U.S. East) - NameSpoofer

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 15th, 2007, 8:17 pm 
Forum Staff

Title: JASS Programmer
An option is to find the function in the map that creates all pre-placed items and inserting it there or cause the item to be created in a trigger that runs on map initialization.

PostPosted: June 15th, 2007, 8:27 pm 
darkxion wrote:
Alright next question! (seriously gonna have to write a lil guide with all this knowledge when i'm done *laugh* Is there any way from the gui to make a creep drop an item? I'm trying to get specific items into the protected map i'm messing with, either off creep drops or just placed, learning all this one step at a time XD thanks a bunch!

What kind? Like, any creep, or a single creep, if a single creep, I'll write it here:

Events: Unit - (Unit Name) (Unit Number) <gen> Dies
Conditions:
Actions: Set (Integer) = (Random integer number between 1 and (Whatever number))
If ((Your Integer) Equal to 1) then do (Item - Create (Item) at (Position of (Dying/Triggering))) else do (Item - Create (Whatever you want) at (Position of (Dying/Triggering unit)))

Or:

Events: Unit - ((Unit Name) (Unit Number)) <gen> Dies
Conditions: ((Unit Name) (Unit Number)) <gen> is dead) Equal to True
Actions: Set (Your Integer) = (Random integer number between 1 and
(Another Number))
If ((Integer) Equal to 1) then do (Item - (Your Picked Item) at (Position of (Triggering/Dying unit))) else do (Whatever you want; nothing; different item)

If ((Integer) Equal to 1) then do (Item - (Your Picked Item) at (Position of (Triggering/Dying unit))) else do (Whatever you want; nothing; different item) can be used multiple times, just change the Equal to 1 to Equal to 2/3/4/5/6/7 or whatever and change the items to whatever.

Is this what you wanted?

PostPosted: June 15th, 2007, 10:54 pm 
Forum Staff

Title: JASS Programmer
Baertaemias wrote:
darkxion wrote:

What kind? Like, any creep, or a single creep, if a single creep, I'll write it here:

Events: Unit - (Unit Name) (Unit Number) <gen> Dies
Conditions:
Actions: Set (Integer) = (Random integer number between 1 and (Whatever number))
If ((Your Integer) Equal to 1) then do (Item - Create (Item) at (Position of (Dying/Triggering))) else do (Item - Create (Whatever you want) at (Position of (Dying/Triggering unit)))

Or:

Events: Unit - ((Unit Name) (Unit Number)) <gen> Dies
Conditions: ((Unit Name) (Unit Number)) <gen> is dead) Equal to True
Actions: Set (Your Integer) = (Random integer number between 1 and
(Another Number))
If ((Integer) Equal to 1) then do (Item - (Your Picked Item) at (Position of (Triggering/Dying unit))) else do (Whatever you want; nothing; different item)

If ((Integer) Equal to 1) then do (Item - (Your Picked Item) at (Position of (Triggering/Dying unit))) else do (Whatever you want; nothing; different item) can be used multiple times, just change the Equal to 1 to Equal to 2/3/4/5/6/7 or whatever and change the items to whatever.

Is this what you wanted?

I don't entirely think this is what he's asking. I think he just wants to simulate the equivlent to having an item pre-placed in the map. It could be done by creep drop but there's an easier way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 16th, 2007, 12:53 am 

Sorry for the confusion, after re-reading my own question, it did sound a bit retarded and I can see why it seemed vague.

I'm editing different things in a protected map via extracting files with mpqmaster, and importing them into a blank map than reinserting them.
The problem being i'm uncertain how to, in this way, make an item drop, or pre-place it on the map.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 16th, 2007, 2:05 am 
Honorary wc3edit.net Traitor

you can make a item table for units and they can drop things, otherwise with triggers it shouldn't be too hard =/

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 16th, 2007, 2:49 am 

Hm..ok...I just have one question in that case, where do I get the numbers for units and items to use in the triggers?

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 16th, 2007, 6:34 am 
How do you attach an item table to a unit?

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 16th, 2007, 12:14 pm 
Honorary wc3edit.net Traitor

darkxion wrote:
Hm..ok...I just have one question in that case, where do I get the numbers for units and items to use in the triggers?

In the war3map.w3u (extract it, then import it in the object editor and then select view + view raw data)
Baertaemias wrote:
How do you attach an item table to a unit?

well it has to be preplaced, thus why I gave the option of triggers too... but then I think you just double click it..