wc3edit.net

United Warcraft 3 map hacking!
It is currently April 24th, 2024, 9:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Warden...
PostPosted: April 16th, 2009, 3:13 pm 
Forum Staff

Fucking Warden is now checking custom games and chat channels and appearantly using any 3rd person program will get you banned/kicked out of Bnet. Can't use Stealthbot, Ghost++, VCK, LC or anything. Seems as Blizzard just likes to shut this game down...

Quote:

Bravo Blizzard. You are milking the puss out of the cash cow that World of Warcraft is, gearing up for the critical mass of PC gaming with Diablo III, and the Starcraft II trilogy and you decide to walk out of your elegant manor, stroll into Warcraft village and kick the entire community in the teeth, then walk away with their bread and butter. “You were wholly aware of the decrees of Blizzards domain when you decided to reside here”, said Mayor Pawn. All I know, Mayor Pawn, is that you don’t punish a good and decent community just because you heard the witch was in town. You don’t set your house on fire on kill a bandit, you don’t fire a cannon to break up a kids quarrel and don’t ban the most innovative, dedicated and loyal players of your games! We all know the Warden is now in town. Here to purge the scourge, but let me be clear, good and decent has nothing to do with the community contract or the battle.net user agreement. Use the guise of eliminating hacks and cheats all you want. This is a classic case of inconveniencing the many for the wrongdoing of the few, or just plain uncalled for crack down with the iron first of intolerance.

Who is the new battle.net Warden? Warden (also known as Warden Client) is an anti-cheating tool integrated in Blizzard Entertainment games such as Diablo II (since patch 1.11), StarCraft (since patch 1.15), Warcraft III (since 2009-04-14) and most notably World of Warcraft. While the game is running, Warden uses API function calls to collect data on open programs on the user's computer and sends it back to Blizzard servers as hash values to be compared to those of known cheating programs.[1] Privacy advocates consider the program to be spyware. (Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warden_(software)).

I hate to get all anti-corporate-establishment on you, but this goes hand in hand with plaguing people’s games with elaborate DRM systems that only frustrate and alienate honest customer and at the most make a hacker’s hobby slightly more challenging
Warcraft III is an old game, but a good one, and the innovations of programmers and gaming enthusiasts makes the Blizzard community what it is today.

This is getting a bit much to base entire leagues, communities and projects on these bots when you are literally facing an uphill battle against Blizzard and simultaneously having to operate under the wire on their servers. It's one thing for Blizzard to state in the user agreement that they do not permit 3rd party apps, and to let them silently operate in peace. It’s obvious that their current stance is completely in opposition of it. Blatant disregard for all communities based on these 3rd party technologies.

This is not a jab at the bot and 3rd part tool programmers, it just gets tiresome to put days upon days of work into building something that enhances a game, when in the end it becomes an unreliable rogue community. One that Blizzard looks down on and fights against.

Notable communities/projects killed via Warden:
DotA Rank
Dota Central League
TDA (functionality limited)
Ghost++ Bot (core use/function)
StealthBot (core use/functoin)
Gstats++
My own project Gameping Dota Stats and everyone who has paid for dedicated hosting to provide the service of game bots.

As said by Deezul.

Also some other great topics on Ghost forums:
http://forum.codelain.com/index.php?topic=4756.0
http://forum.codelain.com/index.php?topic=4766.0

Post subject: Re: Warden...
PostPosted: April 16th, 2009, 8:07 pm 
Tyrannical Drama Queen

Someone needs to spam all their email addresses until they fix that crap.

PostPosted: April 16th, 2009, 9:54 pm 
Newcomer

So that's why it seems hosting bots disappeared?

PostPosted: April 17th, 2009, 12:05 am 
Forum Staff

Title: I Just Lost the Game
Yes, that's why the bots are gone.

In my opinion, whiny mapmakers like IceFrog are to blame for this. They write emails to Blizzard, notifying them immediately of any new program that's giving people unfair advantages in their games.
Wait. How did they implement Warden? Did they roll out a new patch, or has it been in WC3 all along, and they haven't used it?

This isn't going to work, anyway. The programs will just keep being changed, so Warden can't recognize them, or we'll figure out a way around it.

Blizzard: Senethior459#1962
Discord: Kyle#7409
Steam: Spacekidkyle

PostPosted: April 17th, 2009, 1:35 am 
The Flying Cow!

I've already got a good idea on how to bypass Warden and use hacks. Interested? PM me. (Only if you know C++. If not, gtfo.)

PostPosted: April 17th, 2009, 2:55 am 
Forum Drunk

Hey, sounds like you mean MY idea :P

In the world of thinking we are all immigrants. -Robert Nozick

PostPosted: April 17th, 2009, 10:55 am 
Forum Staff

Senethior459 wrote:
Wait. How did they implement Warden? Did they roll out a new patch, or has it been in WC3 all along, and they haven't used it?

It was just on ladder for a long time and now it came to custom games & channels. Blizzard never told about this...

Ozzapoo wrote:
I've already got a good idea on how to bypass Warden and use hacks. Interested? PM me. (Only if you know C++. If not, gtfo.)

I hope you succeed.

EDIT: Also this is on the new Battle.net EULA

Quote:
In order to provide the Battle.net Service, Blizzard must be entitled to access, monitor and/or review text chat, including private, or "whisper" chat, in the event of complaints from other users or violations of the law. By clicking the check box below, you agree that Blizzard (or one of Blizzard’s affiliates) has the right to monitor and review personal messages you send or receive on the Battle.net Service, or through any game that is playable through the Battle.net Service, to investigate potential violations of the law, the Battle.net Terms of Use, or the Terms of Use agreement specific to any game playable on the Battle.net Service. Blizzard will not use the information for any reason other than pursuing such violations.

PostPosted: April 17th, 2009, 11:41 pm 
Forum Staff

Title: I Just Lost the Game
Oh great, and they're monitoring chat messages. Come on, who would be stupid enough to do something illegal in a game's chatroom? The only thing they'll find in chatrooms or whispers are maybe links to some new hacks that actually work, and which mysteriously are identified by Warden a few days later.

Blizzard: Senethior459#1962
Discord: Kyle#7409
Steam: Spacekidkyle

PostPosted: April 18th, 2009, 7:01 am 

Title: Sir Awesome
Does that mean it'll catch TFT local? Since you have to type to activate that. Is it monitoring game lobbies, channels, or in-game?

Freaking Blizzard just needs to get over it...

PostPosted: April 18th, 2009, 7:51 am 
The Flying Cow!

Darimus confirmed that Warden only detects tftlocal Unit selection offsets and view-invisible offsets, the rest are fine.